Careers at WhiteRock
Full time, weekdays only
£35,000 – £40,000
We’re looking for experienced full-stack .NET developers to join our growing team based in Paignton, Devon. The role can be office based or hybrid with flexible work schedules available.
Candidates should have experience with desktop or web application development, database design, and UI wireframing.
What our company does
- WhiteRock Systems builds bespoke, business critical software for SMEs to assist with streamlining operations and taking the pain out of long winded, or data rich processes.
- WhiteRock Systems takes a step-by-step collaborative approach to building software packages. We know how important it is to fully understand the needs of the client to ensure that we create a bespoke product to help deliver client success
- Some of our clients have existing software that is no longer fit for purpose or needs adapting to suit new requirements. We can analyse legacy systems to make improvements and offer maintenance options for software that may be a little clunky but not quite ready for replacement.
Your job role
- Working with clients and product managers to analyse current business processes to streamline areas of human intervention
- Taking a collaborative approach to make continuous improvements as our clients them
- Developing and testing robust and efficient software
- Documenting code and technical decisions
- Offering ongoing training so that our clients can make the most of every feature
- Supporting released software and effectively communicating fixes or updated features
- Over three years in a .NET language (preferably C#)
- Experience with SQL Server or Postgres databases (either directly or using tools like EF/Entity Framework)
- Experience communicating ideas, reasoning and best practices to colleagues and customers
- Ability to liaise with clients and translate their requirements into client friendly proposals using UI prototyping / wireframing tools (Balsamiq, Figma or Adobe XD).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other Cloud suppliers (Google Cloud, AWS)
- Exposure to app development frameworks (e.g., Xamarin, React)
- Experience with a Windows application framework (e.g., WPF, UWP or WinForms)
What to expect
WhiteRock Systems, founded in 2019, is a brand focussed on creating software packages that simplify complex business processes. As a full-service software development house, we specialise in designing, developing, and maintaining bespoke web applications and desktop tools to streamline business processes for our clients. By taking an innovating approach to problem solving, we offer robust software that is user-friendly and reliable. The team at WhiteRock Systems have a combined 60 years of experience working closely with clients to create user-friendly systems that make people’s work less stressful.
You will have the opportunity to take full ownership of products and customer journeys, communicating directly with the other developers, designers, and clients throughout the development process.
To ensure our team is developing both professionally and technically, we provide training opportunities and support, including the option for 20% time to focus on technical upskilling (e.g., online training of your choice, personal side projects).
Our Paignton based office is close to the Devonshire Retail Park and shares excellent travel links with South Devon College. Flexible working arrangements are available and include flexitime and hybrid options. We are not currently considering remote applicants.
- 24 days of annual leave, increasing with service
- Sick pay
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Fundraising events for our charity partners
- Hybrid work options
- Regular team activities
- Casual dress
- Company and networking events
- Pension options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness perks
- Health insurance and critical illness cover
- Free on-site parking
If this job sounds perfect for you then get in touch right NOW!